To add a user click the ‘Add New’ option under the ‘Users’ tab in the WordPress dashboard. Fill in the required fields on the form and create a password. A password strength indicator is available for added security. Choose to email the password to your new user and assign them a ‘Role’. Click ‘Add New User’ to give the user access to your site.
Step (1) − Click on Users → Add New in WordPress.
Step (2) − You can fill the user detail on the Add New User page. Fill in all the required fields and proceed further.
- Username (required) − Enter the unique username, which you want to display on website.
- E-mail (required) − Enter the valid e-mail address. The user receives notifications from the site at this e-mail address.
- First Name − Enter the user’s first name.
- Last Name − Enter the user’s last name.
- Website − Enter the URL for the user’s website.
- Password (required) − Enter the password.
- Repeat Password (required) − Repeat the same password as the previous password for authentication.
- Send Password − Send password to the New User by e-mail checkbox. The user will receive an e-mail with the new password.
- Role − Select the particular role from the dropdown, i.e., Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor, or Administrator.
Click on Add New User button to add user to your users list.