Adding pages is similar to adding posts in WordPress. Pages are static content and often do not change its displayed information.
Following are the simple steps to add pages in WordPress.
Click on Pages → Add New as shown in the following screenshot.
You will get the editor page as seen in the above screenshot. The editor page has two tabs, Visual and Text. You can insert text in either of these. Here, we’ll study about inserting text into Visual format.
It is used to write the title of the article, which is later displayed on the page.
Permalink shows the potential URL for the page below the title. The URL generates as per the given title
It is a WYSIWYG Editor, which is similar to a word processor interface where you can edit the contents of the article.
Following are the options present of WYSIWYG editor −
- Bold Button − Used to bold your font.
- Italic − Used to italicize the font.
- Word Strike − Strikes through the content.
- Bullet List − Adds bullets to content.
- Number List − Adds numbers to the list of the content.
- Blockquote − Quotes the text.
- Horizontal Line − Creates a horizontal line between sentences.
- Left Align − Sets the content on the left side of the page.
- Right Align − Sets the content to the right side of the page.
- Justify − Justifies the content of the page.
- Add Link − Adds a link to your content. When you click on this button, the following page gets displayed.
To publish the page to the user on the website.
The command, “Publish” is used to make the pages available to all users wherein each user can view that particular page.
After clicking on publish, your posts get published for the user to view it.
Page attributes module allows you to select the parents for your particular page. You can also set order of the pages.
- Parent − Allows you to select parent page.
- Order − Sets the order of the page.
Includes the images in the pages.