You can manage all the information about your media that is saved in the Media Library.
Following are the steps to Edit Media in WordPress.
Click on Media → Library and click on the name of the media item or the edit link.
You will view a list of media files. Select any one image to edit.
You can view the edit media page with few options on the right side.
- URL − You can read only a link from media file.
- Title − This displays the name of the media. Title is often shown in galleries and attachment pages, if themes or plugins are designed to display it.
- Permalink − Permalink is the URL of the media attachment page. This is also a link to view the attachment page.
- Edit image button − This allows you to edit the image position, such as rotate counter-clockwise, rotate clockwise, scale, crop, flip vertically, and flip horizontally.
- Caption − A brief explanation of the media.
- Alternate Text − The alt text for the image, which is used to describe media. Used for availability.
- Description − An explanation of your media file.
- Delete Permanently − Delete your media file permanently.
Once you complete editing the required fields, click on Update button to save the changes made to an image.