WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, installing WordPress is a very simple process and takes less than five minutes to complete. If you wish to install WordPress on local, the following guide will help.
Before install WordPress Checking to ensure that you and your web host have the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
Step 1: Download WordPress
- Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/.
- Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your local computer.
Steep 2: Create MySQL Database and User
WordPress stores its information in a database. Therefore, a database will need to be created.
- Log into phpmyadmin i.r http://localhost/phpmyadmin/.
- For Step 1: Create A Database.
- For Step 2: Create Database Users, enter the database user name and password .
- For Step 3: Add User to the Database, click the All Privileges checkbox .
- For Step 4: Complete the task, make note of the database name, username and password, as you will need them for next step.
Step 3: Configure wp-config.php
The wp-config-sample.php file contains the database information and tells the WordPress application which database to pull information from. This step must be completed to ensure the correct database information is associated with the WordPress installation.
The wp-config-sample.php file can be found in folder where WordPress is installed. To modify the file:
- Go to folder where WordPress is installed
- From the folder, open wp-config-sample.php in a text editor
- Right click on the file, select Rename and change the name of the file to wp-config.php.
- Right-click on the wp-config.php file and select Code Edit. When the file opens, look for the following information:
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
- Replace database_name_here with the name of the database you created (above in step).
- Replace username_here with the username of the database you created.
- Replace password_here with the password of the database that you created.
- When done editing, click the Save Changes button, then close the file.
Step 5: Run the Installation
Open a new browser window and go to the installation page to run the installation script. Depending on where you installed the script, you will find it at either of the following URLs:
Loading following URL into your web browser:
Be sure to replace wordpress in the example above with your actual folder name.
You should now see a welcome page that says “Welcome to the famous five minute WordPress installation process!”
Step 6: Complete the Installation
On this page, fill in the fields for:
- Site Name
- Password (needs to be entered twice)
- Email address (login information will be sent to this email address)
- Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site
Click Install Now, and you should be taken to the final screen, showing the success message
For more information check : https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress