“Try Gutenberg” callout
Most users will now be presented with a notice in their WordPress dashboard. This “Try Gutenberg” is an opportunity for users to use the Gutenberg block editor before it is released in WordPress 5.0.
In WordPress 4.9.8, the callout will be shown to the following users:
- If Gutenberg is not installed or activated, the callout will be shown to Admin users on single sites, and Super Admin users on multisites.
- If Gutenberg is installed and activated, the callout will be shown to Contributor users and above.
- If the Classic Editor plugin is installed and activated, the callout will be hidden for all users.
This release includes 18 Privacy fixes focused on ensuring consistency and flexibility in the new personal data tools that were added in 4.9.6, including:
- The type of request being confirmed is now included in the subject line for all privacy confirmation emails.
- Improved consistency with site name being used for privacy emails in multisite.
- Pagination for Privacy request admin screens can now be adjusted.
- Increased the test coverage for several core privacy functions.