LAMP stack is a group of open source software used to get web servers up and running. The acronym stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP
LAMPP is the Linux specific version.
- Download LAMPP-Server using this command
$sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
- Goto https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html and download the version of LAMPP software that you want for Linux (Ubuntu).
- Open your Terminal and locate the file (by default it downloads into the Downloads folder)
- Execute this command
sudo chmod +x xampp-linux-x64-7.1.7-0-installer.run
Note : The version of XAMPP you’ll download might be different, so change the version in this command accordingly.
- Run the installer, but don’t close the Terminal.
Note: Again change the version for executing this command.
A dialog box will open, if you get an error, ignore it. In the dialog box, click next(for each step) and move through the process of installation. Once XAMPP is installed, click finish.
- Go back to your Terminal and change the directory
- To start LAMPP, execute this command
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start
- To stop LAMPP, execute this command
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp stop